Shrimp n’ Grits Pie (recipe adapted from Julie Grimes, Southern Living MARCH 2015)
- 4 cups Overnight Slow-Cooker Grits using Keisler’s Mill Grits
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 pound medium-size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 thick bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together first 4 ingredients. Spread mixture in a 10-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray, and bake 1 hour or until browned. Let stand 20 minutes.
2. Melt butter with bacon drippings in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp, and sauté 3 minutes or until pink. Transfer shrimp to a medium bowl. Toss together shrimp and feta; add salt and pepper to taste. Top pie with shrimp mixture, bacon, and basil.